Saturday 4 August 2018

Have you fu**ked up your life by coming out as a Witch?



Has this happened to you?
Have you sat on 'coming out' for ages and then thought that it was the right time and BAM! your nearest and dearest have thought you are just going through a phase, or have gone slighty new agey, hippy, are back lashing against conservatism?

Have you been a closet witch and have always felt it best to stay that way?

Maybe you have been loud and proud ever since you donned your first pentagram?

Or, lucky you, you have come from a long line of witches?

We hope that we can find community, that being a witch will lead us to like minded people who share our passion for self development and love of the craft but it is not always so.

Sometimes announcing to the world at large that you are a witch is still frowned upon.

I did not really say much about my beliefs to my parents while they were both alive as I know it would have hurt their strong Catholic beliefs.

Plus, I don't think I could have put up with the flak that saying anything would have caused while I was at home.

Later, I was busy raising children and getting over a relationship that did not work - so it was not something that was part of my life.

In my crone years though, it has become an essential part of my life.



Coming home to me!
Being older gives you an ability to not give a f**k as much about what people think.

Most people will find a reason to hate you,if they so wish, and really, is being a witch so bad !!!!! considering all the really awful things humans do to each other?

But, the point of this blog is to say, don't feel that you must come out to validate your beliefs to yourself if it is going to cause so much friction that live will be miserable.
You do not have to prove anything to anybody.

There is nothing worse than having to deal with people's opinions and hatred about something they most probably know nothing about yet are the first to criticise.

You will find the right time and the right place to be you.

And if know one else knows about it - so mote it be.

No one else needs to, because this is your truth and not theirs.

Sometimes silence is the best way forward and truly embracing your pathway to ancient wisdom is much more than just symbolic, where you feel you MUST have an altar, you MUST wear the appropriate garb or you must have a right statuette etc.

We all do it differently and that's OK - but it doesn't make you any LESS a witch by not doing any of that or by not showing other witches that you do.



The most important thing is to get in touch with yourself and keep an open mind to your own growth. You will know when you feel safe to tell your loved ones and you will know when not to.

Some of us live in very conservative areas where it's still a taboo thing.
People still look at me as if I have fallen from another planet if I say something and they think I am even crazier because I am not a teen or having a mid life crisis - I am now a crone and they can still find an excuse ( oh it must be menopause - its fiddling with her brain!)

So grin and bear it for the team peeps.
You know in your heart that some people are not ready for the truth and may never will be.

Stay true to you and you will find your own best way.

I am interested to know if you have come up against a barrier to your beliefs and your craft?

Where has it come from?
Has it stopped you or just made you stronger?

Love to you this Sunday in the Southern Hemisphere.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Magickal Thinking and can it help me?

Magical thinking  is the belief that one's ideas,  thoughts , wishes, or actions can influence the course of events in the physical ...